Lynda – WordPress: Building Responsive Themes
The many ways visitors access web sites, via mobile devices, tablets, and desktops, now requires sites to incorporate responsive design elements that adapt to different screen sizes and browsers. In this course, Morten Rand-Hendriksen demonstrates design strategies, best practices, and actual code examples for creating a responsive web site. The course covers layout, navigation, responsive video embedding, and content sliders. The final chapter shows how to create an index page with jQuery Masonry, a jQuery plugin that helps you create dynamic grid layouts.
– What is responsive design?
– Installing the Anaximander example theme
– Deciding what screen sizes to target
– Designing menus
– Adding responsive images and video
– Using CSS media queries to apply different styles
– Handling sidebars on mobile displays
– Dealing with footer widgets
– Installing jQuery Masonry